Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day Two: Technical Difficulties (Internet and Alcohol)



Sorry for the delay. No wireless internet service yesterday. Very little cell phone service yesterday. Stopped for the night in a dry county. We just couldn't win.

But I'm currently in the Estill County Public Library parking lot, mooching off of their signal, so I should be able to post yesterday's recap within the hour.

I'm just glad we didn't lose any followers. Still 12 strong!

OK, so...

Day Two
Starting Point: Super 8 in Morehead (hee hee), KY
Ending Point:
Abner Motel in Stanton, KY
Today’s Distance: 58 miles
Total Distance So Far: 138 miles

Started the day off with some light stretching in the Super 8 parking lot.



Albums listened to:

Ryan Adams – Cold Roses
- his high productivity in the studio has always prevented me from listening to him. I don’t know where to start. But if he’s good enough for Mandy, I guess I should give him a chance

Mates of State – Bring It Back
- I’ve been on a couples band kick lately (Matt & Kim, She & Him, Wu & Tang), but this sounded way too much like Nintendo video games for my taste

The Apples in Stereo – Velocity of Sound
- I love this band. So does Colbert.

Ben Kweller – Changing Horses
- Ben tries country. I’m undecided.

Lots of hills (or is it hillz?) for the boys (or is it boyz?) today. Especially in the first half of the day.

I lost my cell phone signal for most of the day, and cried hysterically until I found the guys at a Subway in Frenchburg. More stretching here.


Today, I drove most of the route the guys took too, and came across the church from Kill Bill?


There was a tunnel that only allowed one car at a time. Jason fell down just before going in (the damage to his back is shown in the first pic on this blog entry). And once again, I was waiting for a flying DeLorean to show up.




I booked us a sweet room at the Abner Motel in Stanton, KY.

Due to the Abner Motel’s shotty wireless internet, I wasn’t able to get a GREAT MOUSTACHES IN ROCK HISTORY song recorded (plus, I was too busy crying right along with Brooke Shields and Ursher). But today I had planned on a non-moustache song anyway. In honor of the Bluegrass State (and the fact that my Blu Blockers change the grass color from green to blue), I wanted to cover Bill Monroe’s Blue Moon of Kentucky. But, another pale fellow has performed a ripping cover before, so I’ll let him do the honors.



We drove about 30 minutes to a county that wasn’t dry….then were too tired to drink the beer.

I shaved my third style of moustache in three days (did I mention I would have a different moustache each day? More pics on that later).

Brennan ordered a two-person meal at La Finca…and ate about one person’s worth.

Here's some more pics from Day Two:




1 comment:

  1. Glad to see everyone made it through day two alive (looks like Behler had a close call though). I've slept in a dry county once before, oh wait, that was four years of college. We made due.

    ReplyDelete